I pictured my first internet meme to be something very revealing, exciting and personal like “150 random things that I tell strangers in the subway” but I guess this scary Halloween thing will have to do.
But I am so not qualified. I am petrified by horror movies. I never watch them. The first scary movie I was capable to enjoy was Shaun of the Dead which is to a Horror flick like Spaceballs to Starwars.
Without further ado (also if I wait any longer, Halloween will be over) here is my list:
- The Shining – the tale of a little alcoholic with the appreciation for red liquor = never seen it
- The Exorcist – Nope
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre – Never been to Texas either
- The Silence of the Lambs – I have actually seen this but somehow I don’t consider it a horror movie, more likely a gruesome thiller
- JAWS – Seen it, very long time ago, I was freaked out until I saw the “making of the movie”, watched it glued to the screen because the Shark was non-existent in most of the scenes and there was a lot of red dye involved and a plastic shark fin and I realized that THE FEAR – it’s all in my HEAD (that, my friends, was a huge breakthrough)
- Halloween – I saw the last 10 minutes of this one – does that count? My thoughts are very rational – they went like this: BTW – WTF? He doesn’t die? But she stabbed him. In the eye. With a wirehanger. Ok, then he got shot but still. That’s just impossible
- Psycho – Saw only the famous shower scene, showering has never been the same
- Seven -I have a vague memory that I might have seen this one, maybe my mind is suppressing the trauma of seeing Brad Pitt with a mustache
- Rosemary’s Baby – nope
- Poltergeist – Never seen the whole thing, only parts of it, since then – very blond little girls are suspicious
- A Nightmare on Elm Street – Only heard about from my older brother who enjoyed scaring me shitless
- Friday the 13th – Heard about it at Summer Camp, didn’t sleep for months
- The Thing – So glad I have no idea what’s this one about
- The Evil Dead – I think I just watched Evil Dead 2 at a party. With a lot of people. Who were laughing as if it’s comedy. Nevermind.
- Carrie – No idea about this one and so happy about it
- Night of the Living Dead – No
- The Omen – Something related to christianity right?
- An American Werewolf in London – Is Michael J. Fox in this one?
- Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer – Sounds like a memoir of an unhappy person
- The Hitcher – Uhm…
- Lost Highway – M’kay…
- The Blair Witch Project – Ooh, ooh, I *heard* about this one
- Pet Cemetery – And this one to
- Saw – I feel so awesome – I think I saw the trailer for this one, and closed my eyes only a couple of times
- The Ring – Never seen it
- Scream – This one either
The idea for this meme is stolen from this wonderful wuss.